1. What are the requirements to become a lifeguard?
- You must be 15 years old by the last scheduled session of the course.
- Swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. Candidates may swim using the front crawl, breaststroke, or a combination of both but swimming on the back or side is not allowed.
- Goggles may be used for this portion
- Treading Water - Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs. Candidates should place their hands under their armpits.
- Timed Event - Starting in the water, swim 20 yards using front crawl or breaststroke, surface dive 7–10 feet, retrieve a 10-pound object, return to the surface, swim 20 yards back to the starting point with the object and exit the water without using a ladder or steps within 1 minute, 40 seconds.
2. How long is the course?
The course was designed to be taught in in approximately 25 hours, 30 minutes. This estimate is based on ten participants per instructor.
3. Where do I take the class?
Cotton Woods Pool 943 Evans Cook Rd Canton, GA 30115-5701, US
Park in the parking lot, and walk to the pool.
4. Are my course fees refundable?
In the event you are unable to pass the pre-course test, you may receive a refund of up to 30% of the cost of the course, or you may reschedule, with credit toward a later course. In the event your schedule changes, and you can no longer attend the session for which you registered, you may request a 50% refund, IF you provide notice at least 5 days prior to the start date of the course. Otherwise you may request to have full credit to take a later session.
5. How much do your classes cost?
The normal cost for the LGT course is $225. This cost includes your cpr masks, hip-pack, and whistle. The typical review class for lifeguarding is $100.00, which does not cover any additional materials. The WSI course costs $260.
6. What are my payment options?
You have the option of paying with a Credit Card or PayPal. We do not accept checks or cash. All individual payments must be received in advance of the training date. Corporate contract arrangements may vary.
7. I have a CPR certification, does that mean that I have to come the day we do the skills for our CPRO/AED certification?
Yes, the American Red Cross requires that participants attend and participate in all sessions in addition to successful completion of all assessments.