Pool management companies, please contact us to request our services or to request registration of multiple students.
Please scroll down to see our course offerings.
MORE COURSES WILL BE OFFERED DEPENDING ON LEVEL OF DEMAND.
American Red Cross Lifeguard Training (LGT)
Included in the price of LGT CHEROKEE'S full LGT course are adult and pediatric CPR masks, a high quality whistle, and a Lifeguard Hip-Pack
- Swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. Candidates may swim using the front crawl (freestyle), breaststroke, or a combination of both but swimming on the back or side is not allowed.
- Goggles may be used for this portion
- Treading Water - Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs. Candidates should place their hands under their armpits.
- Timed Event - Starting in the water, swim 20 yards using front crawl or breaststroke, surface dive 7 - 10 feet, retrieve a 10-pound object, return to the surface, swim 20 yards back to the starting point, holding the object with both hands, place object on deck and exit the water without using a ladder or steps within 1 minute, 40 seconds.
- Goggles may NOT be used for this portion.
You must present proof that you will be 15 years old by the last scheduled session of the course.
Bring meal(s), snacks, water, suit, sunscreen, goggles, and towels
LGT SESSION 2, 2017 (BLENDED LEARNING) - $225 (REGISTRATION CLOSED)
LGT REVIEW, 2017- BLENDED LEARNING: $75 (REGISTRATION CLOSED)
Student must hold a current American Red Cross Lifeguarding certificate. If the certificate is expired, the candidate MUST take the full Lifeguarding course, per American Red Cross Certification & Training Standards, in order to obtain re-certification.
- Red Cross will require separate payment of $35 for online portion.
May 12 (6pm-9pm) & May 13 (9am-6pm)
*Registration with LGT Cherokee MUST be completedd by May 10, 2017.*
The Instructor will contact students with information to register for Red Cross Learning Center.
- Student must bring CPR mask, hip pack, AND whistle.
American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor BLENDED LEARNING (WSI) - $225 (REGISTRATION DEADLINE is jULY 8, 2017)
- $225 to LGT Cherokee, $35 to American Red Cross **See Notice**
- PRE-COURSE ASSESSMENT: July 5 (11AM) -If you cannot attend this time slot, please contact Dr. Segall to schedule an individual assessment time.
- CLASSROOM/POOL: July 11-12 (1:30PM-5:30PM), AND July 14 (10AM-4:30PM), AND July 17-18 (1:30PM-5:30PM)
- Instructor Trainer: Dr. Brenda Segall
- For additional information please call Dr. Segall at 404-819-3732
- **NOTICE (PLEASE READ IF REGISTERING): This course is offered only as Blended Learning, meaning part of the course work is done online. You will be required to register for the American Red Cross Learning Center, using a link provided by your instructor. You will receive this link upon completion of your pre-course skills assessment. The American Red Cross will require a $35 non-refundable fee paid directly to them upon registration according to the instructor-provided directions. If you do not pass the prerequisite skills test, you will be refunded a maximum of $150.
Included are the pre test, 30 hours of on-site instruction and an additional online portion to be completed as assigned. YOU MUST ATTEND ALL CLASSES, successfully complete instruction experiences, pass written test(s) with 80 or above, demonstrate front crawl (freestyle) , back crawl (back stroke), breast stroke, side stroke, elementary back stroke, and butterfly. FAILURE TO COMPLETE ANY PART OF THE COURSE (ONLINE OR ON-SITE) WILL RESULT IN THE CANDIDATE NOT OBTAINING CERTIFICATION.
- Please complete the "Student Name" and "Student email adddress" fields before clicking "Buy Now."